Amy Ren: Candidate for secretary

If elected, I will first ensure easier access to the Student Council website and meeting notes. Currently, it is not simple and straightforward to view what Student Council is working on, and one way I will increase transparency is by posting links and QR codes to the website and notes in Schoology and around the school. Additionally, I will create an online poll and in-person drop-box for students to share their ideas and concerns.

Practically, my organization and quick typing will serve me well as the all-school secretary, but I also believe that my work as the Director of Outreach for the Finance Club, and a member of the U-High Midway and High School Wellness Council, have ensured that I am comfortable and efficient when reaching out to others. I believe that these qualities and experiences have prepared me to communicate productively and take excellent notes.

I believe the best way to be a liaison is to foster transparency between faculty, administration and students. When Student Council members have discussions with faculty and administration, I will ensure all students are aware of it. Furthermore, I will advocate for students and be proactive in communicating ideas and concerns between students, faculty and administration. Student ideas can catalyze change, and I will provide a platform for them to be shared.

Amy Ren is a member of the U-High Midway staff. She was not involved in producing the election guide.

U-High Midway • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in