Lucas Caldentey: Candidate for treasurer

I would work to increase the budget, improve Student Council transparency in managing and allocating their budget. I would also expand funding available for student run projects; both for our school and our community. These plans will be achieved by launching a fundraising campaign and a remodeled communication mechanism to grant students more clarity, voice and choice.

I have developed leadership, organization, critical thinking and financing skills by participating in competitive clubs such as model United Nations and robotics, as well as by running independent projects, such as fundraising for a technological resource center for underprivileged schools in Morocco. Perhaps most importantly, however, I carry a strong ethical code and I focus on bringing the best out of my peers.

As a representative of the students, I would strive to establish regular, transparent communication with faculty and the administration. Through this, I would convey the student voice and financial needs in a systematic and efficient manner. I plan to increase the budget without compromising other sources of funding for the school; our fundraising efforts would be incremental. I would always focus on finding financial solutions that would benefit our student body and school.

U-High Midway • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in