Donovan Miller: Candidate for class of 2023 president

I would push to increase collaboration and communication between all bodies of the school, including those who hold leadership positions and those who do not. I plan to do this by scheduling regular meetings between Student Council members, junior peer leaders, and junior DEI peer facilitators as well as by increasing the number of student feedback platforms. These will also be used to foster active student participation in Student Council decisions.

I bring my experience working as a project manager and chief of staff to the table. I also have experience being the chapter president of a community service organization. These roles have given me leadership experience, the ability to organize people, and knowledge on how to complete tasks efficiently so they yield the best possible result. These experiences have great relevance to the role of senior class president.

Another thing that my various roles have given me is experience working with those in higher managerial positions. I will use what I have learned to address administrators in a manner that ensures that requests are met and issues are resolved. My goal is to represent the sentiments of the student body, so clear and direct communication with faculty and the administration will be a large priority of mine.

U-High Midway • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in