Diversity Advisory Committee to take student input in open forum

Diversity Action Plan

The Diversity Advisory Committee will host an open forum Dec. 9 at 1 p.m. to share its responsibilities and collect input about issues concerning diversity, equity and inclusion from the student body.

Peter Pu, News Editor

The DAC includes faculty, staff, administrators, parents, board members and U-High student representatives. The committee meets weekly and focuses on implementing the Diversity Action Plan

Senior Eliza Doss, one of the student representatives, said, “The whole point of us hosting these forums is so we can bring back the information to the DAC and just have more student input in this group because there hasn’t been as much in the previous years.”

The committee’s responsibilities include revising policies and practices; promoting communication from and to the community; sharing resources about local, national and global events or incidents; data collection and reporting; curriculum inventory; professional development for inclusive pedagogy and content; and retaining a diverse employee population. 

“It’s a really diverse group of people, and these people are really focused on diversity,” Eliza said, “so they will make sure your voices are heard as a student.”