Cody+Boukather

Louis Auxenfans

Cody Boukather

Previous work experience: Long-term orchestra sub last year. Pursued graduate and undergraduate degrees at the University of Chicago and Northwestern University, respectively.

What should students know about your style of teaching?
“I appreciate student input, and I value student input and I value fun, and I think all that is key to the learning experience. I want to be present in more ways like beyond the classroom — I don’t really put on like a teacher coat when I come to the classroom, I’m very me — so if students ever want to take classes, like, I would encourage them to be just themselves and grow along through like the process and experience.”

What do you hope your students will say about you and your class at the end of the year?
“I think there’s two things: either it’d be I generally care about something I didn’t know I cared about, or I can engage and communicate in something I care a lot about and now I have the tools to do so. I know it sounds like music, especially the class I’m teaching — orchestra — are performance classes, but I can’t think of any other class in the school where you’re actively listening to one another and you’re in a giant team and like you’re working with someone and a conductor and the people around you to create a large experience.”

What are some interests/hobbies you have outside teaching?

“If it’s not music, it’s old motorcycles. I really enjoy working on them. building them, doing the mechanics. And then other crafts like painting, welding — very hands-on things — and sculpting with motorcycles. I do a bit of cooking, too.”

U-High Midway • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in