Consent Fest to hold consent-based workshops

Betsy Noel

Multiple workshops centered on the topic of consent will be held from Feb. 28 to March 4.

Ainsley Williams, Reporter

Multiple workshops centered on the topic of consent will be held during the second annual Consent Fest from Feb. 28 to March 4. 

The workshops will be mainly run by the members of Intersectional Feminism Club and will educate students on issues regarding consent and sexual assault. The club will have “consent” games in the cafeteria from Feb. 28-March 1. On March 2-4, they will hold workshops during lunch such as “sending explicit messages” and “what is sexual assault anyway?”

According to senior Will Trone, co-president of the Intersectional Feminism Club, one workshop will teach the topic of the intersectionality of sexual assault and race. 

“I also think it’s important to hear from your peers that are the same age,” Will said. “Because if you learn from others that are your same age that like, obviously care about consent, then think that you’d be more likely to be like, ‘Okay, this is something I should also care about.’” 

“Boundaries are incredibly personal and complicated and it takes practice to understand them,” said Betsy Noel, wellness and Title IX coordinator.  

Students can find more information regarding Consent Fest and topics concerning it on the student wellness page of the Laboratory Schools website.