Science Olympiad team to participate in state competition

Gabriel Issa

The varsity Science Olympiad team will be advancing to the state competition on April 23.

Anathea Carrigan, Managing Editor

The varsity Science Olympiad team will be advancing to the state competition on April 23 after placing first at their regional competition on March 12. The JV team also placed first at the regional competition.  

Captain Taig Singh was pleased with the outcome of the regional competition at both levels. 

“We were all extremely happy with our results at regionals,” Taig said. “I don’t think I’ve ever heard of a year where we’ve won by the margins we won by this year.” 

Although there is no state level competition for the JV, a few members of the JV team accompany the varsity members to state, participating in trial events for next year. 

“It’s really interesting and a great opportunity,” said sophomore Emma Heo. “I’m participating in two events: Solar Power, where we have to build an insulator, and Write it Cat it.”

Taig is excited for the state competition, and feels the team is well prepared to continue its success.

“​​We’re quite confident about placing well at state,” Taig said. “Our team has been so successful and resilient during this pandemic, so as a captain, I have extremely high hopes for state.”