Teachers should continue publishing weekly course plans

Midway staff

When we return to completely in-person classes, teachers should continue to provide us with this resource, so we can continue to practice time management, writes content manager Téa Tamburo.

Téa Tamburo, Content Manager

Ever since the start of the emergency distance learning in March 2020, teachers have been required to provide students with an outline of the course’s assignments and curriculum to be covered that week and to post that outline by 9 a.m. each Monday. 

This has been helpful, and even after all students return to in-person learning, U-High teachers should provide weekly plans. With the upcoming start to a hybrid model and eventual return to a completely in-person model, we should continue to use one of the few positive aspects that emerged from distance learning. 

This weekly post allows students to manage our time well, since we know what’s due throughout the week. Sometimes, students unavoidably need to miss classes for up to several days at a time. Having an outline of what they miss will undoubtedly help students stay on track with the covered curriculum and assignments. Planning our time to complete assignments also gives us more freedom and provides an introduction to college-like time management. 

When we return to completely in-person classes, teachers should continue to provide us with this resource, so we can continue to practice time management. Even though distance learning was a temporary solution during the pandemic, the practice of weekly outlines shouldn’t be abandoned.