New council will advise principal on student opinions

Iván beck, Midway Reporter

The members of the Principal’s Advisory Council, a group of students that will work during the upcoming school year alongside Principal Stephanie Weber, will commence work soon. The group includes class vice presidents and additional students from each grade. So far, the students include Madison Christmas, Natalie Glick, Ben Hoffmeister, Nolan Issa, Jenna Nimer, Lea Runesha, Henry Sowerby, Cole Summerfelt, and Emma Trone. Members from the freshmen class are yet to be determined.

Council will provide provide more of a connection between the student body and the administration.

Henry, a junior, said that during the last school year there was talk among students about changes the administration was making to the school. He wants to work with Ms. Weber.

Henry said, “I am looking forward to finding a way to efficiently disseminate information from the administration, as well as convey the opinions and thoughts of the student body back to the administration.”

The role also provides another dimension to student leadership in the school separate from Student Council. Madison, a junior, Madison, a junior, recognizes that Student Council has a strong voice and the power to affect change through passing legislation. However, she pointed out that not all voices and groups are represented among the elected members of the Student Council.

Madison, who is black, wants to ensure advocacy for the black students in the school.

She said, “I felt that being on PAC would be the perfect way for me to be able to consistently voice the concerns of black students in the school.”