Midway editors selected for 2020-21 school year

Midway Staff

“With more people, we can cover topics more in depth and get a wider range of news coverage and diverse points of view,” Ella said.  

Grace Holleb, Reporter

Ella Beiser, Nicky Edwards-Levin and Amanda Cassel have been chosen as editors-in-chief for the 2020-21 U-High Midway staff. 

All three juniors have gone through this process together starting in ninth grade in Beginning Journalism. 

Other leadership roles include Berk Oto, managing editor; Peter Pu, news editor; Olivia Griffin, features editor; Christian Gluth, sports editor; Cali Abbey and Julian Ingersoll, arts co-editors; and Audrey Matzke, writing coach.

“We are all super excited to really get started and, you know, shape the paper how we think it can be improved,” Nicky said. 

The Midway staff has almost doubled in the past year and as more students channel into higher positions, it will change the way stories are covered. 

One focus for the new editors-in-chief will be to find a balance between continuing the Midway’s strengths and expanding into new platforms. 

Amanda said, “Strengthening the foundation that we have and then beyond that, we’re talking about taking advantage of the growth on our website and on social media.”