U-High alumnus to give Princeton salutatorian speech in Latin
Makeup and misinformation: Social media has lasting effects on preteen skincare

Sinead Nagubadi: Candidate for Cultural Union vice president

What sort of ideas, projects or initiatives do you have for next year? What is your main goal?

“As Cultural Union vice president, my main goal is just to share the workload and make sure the events that we already have are going to be as great as they can be. It’s my job to make sure that all-school Cultural Union president doesn’t have all the work to themself and I can help balance that. But on the side of initiatives I want to do, I really want to expand International Day to include more student participation, like cultural dress, performances, music. Having parents participate was really, really great, but having other people would be even better. I also want to see if I could add it to the constitution as an event that would be guaranteed every single year like Spring Fling or Homecoming.”

What experiences and skills make you qualified for this position?

“I served one year as Cultural Union and I learned a lot about planning. There’s a lot that people don’t really realize goes into planning it, and I feel like I know how to do the boring work very, very well. There’s so much emailing, document working and planning, and things like that. It’s from that experience that I feel pretty confident. Also, I feel like the events that we put on this year were really successful. Me and Ben put on the first successful lock-in since before COVID, and our barbecue was really great.”

How do you plan on being the middleman at the intersection of high school students, faculty and administration?

“I think I really want people to come to us with any propositions for Student Council. I’ve already had a few people do that, and I think it’s really great to see how many things can be done through Student Council and through the high school steering committee. Last year, I really focused intently on creating bonds with my peers through Student Council because it helped me kind of establish myself in the community after being new. And this year, I really want to use those bonds that I made through Student Council to make our high school environment more comfortable.”