U-High alumnus to give Princeton salutatorian speech in Latin
Makeup and misinformation: Social media has lasting effects on preteen skincare

Emma Heo: Candidate for All-School secretary

What sort of ideas, projects or initiatives do you have for next year? What is your main goal?

“For the current StudCo, I think that one of the biggest areas of improvement and something I want to build on is the connection between Student Council and the student body and faculty at Lab, as a community. For example, the meeting minutes and different Student Council bills. I think that I really want to increase the accessibility to all of those, so faculty and students can all be up to date and understand what’s going on with Student Council. One of the specific ideas I had was like synthesizing all of the meeting minutes like every month or so, and then posting those in some engaging way to different platforms like Schoology or social media. My main goal as secretary is just really create transparency between all of Lab and increase communication.”

What experiences and skills make you qualified for this position?

“I’ve been involved in a lot of different team organizations like peer leading, volleyball. I think those have really made me be able to develop different skills that will make me a good secretary. I’m really good at communicating with other people and working as a team. And I think that will really help me in being able to communicate and voice concerns from students and Student Council and be a good secretary.”

How do you plan on being the middleman at the intersection of high school students, faculty and administration?

“Being secretary, I think I really want to prioritize the communication between students and Student Council. I feel like that is something that’s definitely been lacking. Different media like the Instagram and websites are definitely really helpful for students and faculty, and I definitely want to keep building off of that.”