Semesters implementation group established

Christian Gluth, Midway Reporter

A semesters implementation group is actively working in order to ensure that the transition from quarters to semesters this fall is a smooth one. Once a week, the faculty members discuss questions and challenges that need to be addressed and work out as many details as possible to be able to take everything into account.

Parent-teacher conferences, midterm comments, and homework over break have been some of the more prominent and urgent subjects that the group must address by the end of the year.

Noah Rachlin, dean of teaching and learning, is involved with the implementation group and is aiming to address and consider as much as he can in order to upgrade the overall experience for those attending the school.

If the transition is full of a whole bunch of little details that we missed or that we haven’t thought about… that’s going to impact their experience in making the transition and their way of thinking about semesters

— Noah Rachlin, dean of teaching and learning

“If the transition is full of a whole bunch of little details that we missed or that we haven’t thought about… that’s going to impact their experience in making the transition and their way of thinking about semesters,” he said.

In order to put their scheduling priorities together, the group has put out a call to faculty to ask for feedback and topics that they need to be aware of when the schedule is transitioning. After they work through these topics, they are preparing to put out a similar call to students.

Mr. Rachlin was also specific about the process of generating ideas and being able to work through each one accordingly.

“We don’t wrap something up in a single meeting. It sort of continues along the way,” he said. “What we are trying to think about now is what we absolutely answer by the end of the year and what we need to think about moving forward.”