2018-19 Student Council officers selected

Ivan Beck, Assistant Editor

Shiva Menta has been elected 2018-19 all-school president, and Roma Nayak won the position of all-school treasurer.

The rest of the other all-school candidates ran unopposed. The winners were Emma Trone, all-school vice president; Alexis Tyndall, all-school secretary; Aly Latherow, all-school Cultural Union president; and Mitch Walker, all-school Cultural Union vice president. Adi Badlani was appointed Director of Student Technology Services.

Shiva has been president of the Class of 2019 for the first three years of high school.

“I’m excited that the student body trusted me and elected me to be their next Student Council president,” Shiva said. “I’m looking forward to a productive year in which Student Council can become more connected with the student body, increase efficiency and gain a more community-based focus.”

For the Class of 2019 Saige Porter was elected president, Eddy Rose was elected vice president, and Alyssa Russell and Nate Westneat were elected Cultural Union representatives.

For the Class of 2020 Ben Cifu was elected president, Suleyman Ahmed was elected vice president; and Ava Kucera and Kepler Boonstra were elected Cultural Union representatives.

For the Class of 2021 Omar Siddiqui was elected president, Susan Huang was elected vice president; and Noor Asad and Destiney Williamson were elected Cultural Union representatives.