Dawuad Talib appointed to IHSA tennis advisory committee

Dawaud+Talib%2C+head+coach+of+the+varsity+tennis+team%2C+has+been+appointed+to+the+IHSA+tennis+advisory+committee.+

Midway staff

Dawaud Talib, head coach of the varsity tennis team, has been appointed to the IHSA tennis advisory committee.

William Tan, Reporter

April 22, 2024: This story has been updated to correct misspellings of Dawuad Talib’s name in the headline and story text.

Dawuad Talib, head coach of U-High’s varsity tennis teams, has been appointed to the Illinois High School Association Tennis Advisory Committee for a three-year term. 

The IHSA has a sports-specific Advisory Committee for every sports program.

“[The role] provides advice, from handling sectionals to details pertaining to that particular sport. So they would be kind of the eyes and ears of the IHSA at various locations,” said David Ribbens, athletics director at Lab.

Mr. Talib is excited about his role on the committee, and he attributes much of his success to the Lab community, which he’s been a part of for eight years.

“I don’t see too many places that we’ve played against, or through talking to coaches, that you find a school that is super transparent about what they’re about,” Mr. Talib said. “I’m happy to be here.” 

Mr. Ribbens believes that Mr. Talib has garnered a high level of respect for coaching both the boys and girls varsity teams to state championships.

“He conducted himself in an exemplary fashion and earned the respect from his colleagues around the state,” Mr. Ribbens said. “I’m very proud of him.”

U-High volleyball coach Lisa Miller serves on the IHSA volleyball advisory committee.