‘Hollywood’ themed homecoming to take place Sept. 25

Téa Tamburo

This year’s homecoming will take place in the Sherry Lansing Theater Sept. 25 from 7:30-10:30 p.m.

Audrey Matei, Reporter

Typically consisting of dancing, music and food, homecoming is a warm welcome back to the U-High halls for students each fall. For the first time since 2019, homecoming is back.

This year’s “Hollywood”-themed homecoming will take place in the Sherry Lansing Theater Sept. 25 from 7:30-10:30 p.m. 

To attend the dance, individuals must have proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test taken on Sept. 24. Additionally, face coverings are required and social distancing will be enforced. Rather than self-service, food will be served to attendees.

Outside guests will be permitted to attend this year with the submission of a guest application form to Dean of Students Ana Campos by Sept. 23 alongside proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test. 

Tickets will be on sale through Sept. 24 during lunch and after school for $10 or can be purchased at the dance for $15. Only cash is accepted.

Cultural Union President Saul Arnow said with such an unpredictable year and changes in regulations, the planning of the event has been harder than in years past.

“The planning process has been very different,” Saul said. “Ms. Campos and Mr. Beekmeyer have been really excellent at communicating with the university and making sure we could have a homecoming.”

Sophomore Santana Romero says she’s eager to go to her first high school dance after missing out on dances last year due to distance learning. 

“I’m excited. I think it’ll be fun to go with my friends,” she said. “I don’t have much to compare to since our last dance was in seventh grade.”