Admission applications open for 2023-2024 academic year

OPEN INVITATION. Applications for prospective students are now open through Nov. 14. An open house for families will be hosted on Saturday, Oct. 22.

Kabir Joshi, Reporter

Applications for admission to Lab for the 2023-24 school year are now open through Nov. 14. An open house for prospective families will be hosted on Saturday, Oct. 22, from 1-4:30 p.m. 

To apply, families are required to fill out the preliminary application form found on the admissions website. Students entering high school will also be required to either take the SSAT or the ISEE exams, which will be administered sometime in November or December. In addition, students will be interviewed by a member of the admissions committee as a way for the student to connect with the school, according to Kerry Tulson, assistant director of admissions and financial aid.

The application states that Lab welcomes all applicants, and is continuously striving to include as many families as possible in its growing community. Ms. Tulson said the committee tries to admit people who value the Lab mission statement. 

“The committee and I take Lab’s mission statement to heart when we are doing our work,” Ms. Tulson said, “and we want to be sure we are bringing in students who are mission appropriate.”