Applications open for Maroon Key Society

Sarah Abdelsalam

Applications have opened to the Maroon Key Society, a group of student ambassadors who work to support relationships with Lab students and alumni.

Light Dohrn, Reporter

The Maroon Key Society, a group of student ambassadors that collaborates to create relationships between current Lab students and alumni, is accepting applications from now until April 21. 

The group gives students chances to network with successful lab alumni, support the school and learn about philanthropy. 

“The main goal of the Maroon Key Society is to help our student ambassadors see themselves as part of the larger Lab community,” said Priya Laroia, assistant director of annual giving and alumni relations. 

Maroon Key members meet monthly and get to lead tours, work the reception desk at a cocktail reception and attend mentor lunches. 

“This is a low-pressure, high-reward activity for those who are eager to make connections, meet new people and polish their networking skills,” Ms. Laroia said. 

Additionally, the group has a fair amount of control over their activities — most of the events and panels are decided, at least partially, by the members. 

“The group makes a lot of choices about their own programming,” Ms. Laroia said. “So each year is a little different based on the interests of the members.”

Students can join the group by submitting an application form by April 21, after asking two teachers, coaches or counselors to recommend them. If a student has questions, they can contact Ms. Laroia at [email protected].