From underdogs to winners: debate duo’s synergy leads to success
Tao, Carter to lead 2024-25 Student Council

Sport game streaming now available to Lab community

Daniel Baeza
This winter the athletics department is providing sports game streaming services through Hudl to students, faculty and families.

This winter the athletics department is providing sports game streaming services through Hudl to students, faculty and families. The service had been used to record games and extract statistics. With the new year the athletics department decided to extend its use for sports game streaming.

Laura Gill, deputy director of athletics, is in charge of implementing Hudl and has worked with coaches and administrators to allow for sports game streaming. 

“It’s been something that when Mr. Ribbens was here we talked about, but struggled to get the ball rolling and we realized it would be really beneficial, so we were able to and ended up implementing it,” Ms. Gill said.

Currently, livestreaming is only available for basketball games, but cameras have been set up on Jackman Field for the upcoming girls soccer season. The department plans to eventually have the service available for all applicable sports. 

“Livestreaming right now is currently available for Upper Kovler and for games on Jackman Field. However, all of our sports programs are going to be able to use it for stat purposes,” Ms. Gill said.

To watch games and practices students, family and faculty should download the Hudl Fan App available on Android and iOS, and search University High School.