Boys swimming and diving places fourth at sectionals

The+boys+swimming+diving+team+ended+its+season+on+Feb.+17+at+the+IHSA+sectionals.+
Daniel Baeza
The boys swimming diving team ended its season on Feb. 17 at the IHSA sectionals.

The boys swimming and diving team’s season ended Feb. 17 at the IHSA Sectional at Chicago, where the team placed fourth

Co-captain Austin Kim said he is proud of how the season went. In particular, Austin said he is proud of the improvement of individual swimmers, including himself. 

“I performed my best at the last meet, which was nice because, for a while, I found my performance to be pretty stagnant,” Austin said.

Austin said the team bonded a lot this season. 

“Being part of this team means experiencing the same grueling practices,” he said. “This mutual understanding definitely contributed to our bond as a team.” 

While Austin, a senior, said he is sad he won’t be joining the team next year, he advises his team to persevere even if they do not see immediate progress. 

“I would want them to know that even if you show up to practice five times and nothing happens, you have to keep going,” he said. “Inevitably, you will improve, and that’s what happened to me.”