Spring Fling dance enthralls students with Aurora Borealis theme

Ryan Burke-Stevenson
At the annual Spring Fling dance on March 23, themed “Aurora Borealis Bash,” students danced the night away in Sherry Lansing Theater with a high attendance of 420 students.

This story has been updated to correct inaccurate information.

On March 23, students danced the night away to trendy tunes at the annual spring fling dance, themed “Aurora Borealis Bash,” hosted in the Sherry Lansing Theater and Gordon Parks Art Hall.

Students also enjoyed watching March Madness, an accessorized photo booth and cotton candy. 

Cultural Union President Adam Cheema explained that the turnout of students exceeded the hopes of Student Council, with 420 students attending. 

“Spring fling falls during a busy time of year, so we typically expect a lower turn out,” Adam said, “but this year there were more students in attendance, which made us all really happy.”

Student Council hosted the traditional spirit week in the days leading up to the dance to raise students’ excitement and to bring attention to ticket sales. Tickets were $10 the week before the dance or $15 at the door. 

Sophomore Alishba Shah said she was pleasantly surprised by how much she enjoyed the dance. 

“I think the decorations were really nice. I liked the cotton candy and all the lights,” Alishba said. “With the good music, and everything being on theme, it really made the experience more fun.”