Budget cuts eliminate German program, squash, sailing, 9 staff positions; U-High students stricken with emotions
After 8 days, UChicago pro-Palestine encampment removed on morning of May 7

Midway editors selected for 2024-25 school year

Haley Maharry
Jaya Alenghat, Chloë Alexander and Clare McRoberts will be editors-in-chief for 2024-25.

The Midway’s 2024-25 editors have been appointed. Jaya Alenghat, Chloë Alexander and Clare McRoberts will be editors-in-chief, and Mia Lipson will be managing editor. New section editors include Light Dohrn, arts and entertainment; Victoria Washington, city life; Skye Freeman, features; Edward Park, health and wellness; Taariq Ahmed, news; Kabir Joshi, opinion, and Milo Platz-Walker, sports.

Clare, who served as features editor this year, hopes that as editor-in-chief she can foster a communal environment where all team members feel valued. 

“I’m really hoping to, within our team, expand the roles of everyone,” she said. “One of my biggest goals is to really make every member of the team feel that they have the space to contribute and that their own ideas are important and matter.”

Skye, the current audience engagement manager, is looking forward to being able to help promote different aspects of both the Lab and broader Chicago communities.

“I feel like features editor was natural to me,” she said. “Just telling the stories of people and organizations that are in our community, and since I was the audience engagement manager, I was already dealing with that.”