Studio recording class seeks groups to record with

Max Garfinkel

MIX IT UP Students in Digital Music production make music on their computer after watching a tutorial.

Kajus Nakas, Reporter

Students in the studio recording musicianship class and teacher Francisco Dean are looking for musical groups of three or more, prepared with a song that they would be interested in recording. Any interested groups should email Mr. Dean. 

“Part of this experience and process is that when you have a group that performs live at a concert, there’s a specific kind of way you go about preparing for that. When you go into a recording studio to record an album or a track, that process is very, very, different from how you would put together a live show,” Mr. Dean said. 

The students in the class will map out the recording, how it flows and how they’re going to record it. A five-minute song can take months, according to Mr. Dean. 

He also stressed that an unprepared group will be hard to document, so coming in with experience working together as a group is essential. 

Mr. Dean said recording musicianship engineers are looking for an experience of recording multiple instruments at the same time, so the engineers can do things like learn more about microphone placement.