Online spirit store to sell Lab merchandise

Parents' Association spirit store

The online spirit store offers items including T-shirts, water bottles, mugs, hats and seasonal items.

William Tan, Reporter

The Parents’ Association has created the new online Spirit Store during the pandemic to support the Lab community through the sale of spirit products. 

Even online, the Spirit Store’s mission is to sell merchandise for all occasions to foster a greater sense of community and school spirit.

Purchases from the Spirit Store go toward raising funds for the school, bringing together Lab students and spreading Lab pride. 

“We are trying to build community with a mission to give back to the community,” Lily Sugrue, manager of the Spirit Store, said. “Every purchase that is made is going to the PA fund, and that money goes right back into all sorts of things for the school, even teacher grants, book swaps and Rites of May.”

Though the physical store next to Café Lab cannot operate during the pandemic, Mrs. Sugrue hopes students will go online and look at the many items.

Spirit Store products include T-shirts, water bottles, mugs, hats and seasonal items.

The store will also sell limited edition items that focus on collaborations between students and alumni. These items will be collectible. 

Mrs. Sugrue said the Spirit Store is always looking for student ideas and would appreciate marketing help through social media platforms to spread awareness about the store to the greater Lab community.