Multiethnic Students’ Association formed to create safe environment to share stories, discuss pertinent issues

MESA

Multiethnic Students’ Association will facilitate discussions about issues such as the current election and multiethnic leaders in government during weekly meetings.

Liam Seiler, Reporter

Multiethnic Students’ Association, a newly established club, will facilitate discussions about issues such as the current election and multiethnic leaders in government during weekly meetings Monday at lunch.

According to Lucy Nathwani, one of the club presidents, the club was founded with the intention of creating a safe environment for multiethnic students to share their stories and discuss pertinent racial issues in society. Not seeing the opportunity for discussion in other clubs, the founders created their own platform.

Lucy said, “Our goal is primarily bringing awareness about the different issues that multi ethnic students might face.” 

MESA currently has 10 members, and the club is open to all interested parties regardless of ethnic background to participate in both roundtable talks and speaker events. 

The organizers plan to host guest speakers and in-person meetings, but dates have not been established.