Midway newspaper receives Crown Award for fourth consecutive year

The+Columbia+Scholastic+Press+Association+recognizes+the+Midway+with+the+Crown+Award+for+overall+excellence.+

Columbia Scholastic Press Association

The Columbia Scholastic Press Association recognizes the Midway with the Crown Award for overall excellence.

Samuel Beck, Reporter

Following the multiple awards received at the end of November, the U-High Midway has received another award, this time from the Columbia Scholastic Press Association. 

The Midway will be presented with CSPA’s prestigious Crown Award, either gold or silver, at CSPA’s virtual convention March 19, 2021. The Midway has received the Crown Award 24 times in its history, and this is the fourth year in a row. 

According to the CSPA, the Crown Awards are “the highest recognition given by the CSPA to a student print or digital medium for overall excellence.”

Editor-in-Chief Amanda Cassel said the feeling of hearing the news was really exciting.

She said, “We all work really hard, so getting this kind of recognition really feels like something to celebrate and often makes the work feel that much more worth it.” 

Amanda said the Midway staff wants to continue to improve.

“With a larger staff we have been able to really push ourselves, do a lot more and include many more voices,” she said. “I think the thing we really hope to keep going forward is the creativity, hard work and ambition to do more and be better.”