End of semester schedule alters COVID-19 testing

Since+there+will+be+no+classes+Feb.+4%2C+COVID-19+testing+will+be+available+Feb.+3.+

Photoillustration by Andrew Burke-Stevenson

Since there will be no classes Feb. 4, COVID-19 testing will be available Feb. 3.

Krishita Dutta, Arts Co-Editor

Update, Feb. 3: Principal Paul Beekmeyer emailed high school faculty and families with an update on SHEILD testing for the week stating that testing procedures were canceled for Thursday, Feb. 3, due to weather issues created for the external COVID testing provider. Optional testing for high school students will take place on Friday from 7:30 a.m. to noon, and regular testing will occur next week.

The weekly COVID-19 testing schedule will be altered for the week of Jan. 31 in order to adapt to the special schedule for the end of the semester. No high school classes will be held Friday, Feb. 4. 

According to Principal Paul Beekmeyer, the school will offer additional testing time in Gordon Parks Assembly Hall Feb. 3 for high school students and faculty.

“Testing will be available on Thursday from 7-11 a.m. since there will be no classes on Friday,” Mr. Beekmeyer said. “However, those who wish can also come for a test on Friday if that is more convenient for them.” 

Testing will continue to take place Feb. 4 from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Additional details can be found in a Jan. 27 email from Mr. Beekmeyer.