New club encourages socialization through intellectual puzzles

Leila Rezania
A student completes a puzzle at Grid Puzzles Club during lunch on Monday in C-103.

A new U-High club has formed, for students who like thinking logically and having fun. During lunch on Mondays in Room C-103, students can come to Grid Puzzles Club to socialize while solving many different kinds of grid puzzles on their computers.

Sophomore Victor Chen, president and founder of the club, described grid puzzles as logic puzzles that are based on a grid, and the club covers many kinds. One example of a grid puzzle is sudoku, a well-known puzzle played by people of all ages.

Victor said this is a low-commitment club for anyone who enjoys logic and thinking intellectually and who wants to have fun solving puzzles, whether individually or in a group. 

“I made Grid Puzzles Club because I introduced it to some of my friends and they liked it, so I decided that other students might appreciate it as well,” Victor said. 

He explained that the idea to create the club came to him last summer, when he did grid puzzles at a summer camp.