New podcast club creates relationships between students and teachers

Miles Wilczak
Juniors Millie Norton, Aerianna Rai-Marchant, Orly Eggner and Charlotte Satalic share ideas during a club meeting for The Lab Podcast.

The Lab Podcast is a new club that aims to create conversations between students and teachers through a monthly podcast that will be accessible on the podcast’s website and Instagram page. 

Junior Charlotte Satalic started the club and hopes it will help everyone become more familiar with one another and create good relationships between students and teachers. 

The podcast will consist of a series of interviews with teachers and students about shared differences, challenges and commonalities. The board hopes to upload its first episode by the end of November.

“It’s a better classroom environment when you’re friendly with the teacher,” Charlotte said.

The podcast will help students who are intimidated by becoming friendly with their teacher to create meaningful connections and relationships.

The club meets every Thursday during lunch in N-301. Its mission is to have fun, connect with faculty members and discover more about one another and help students understand each other and their teachers better. 

“The club is more of an opportunity to become closer with a teacher, a person on staff or another student,” Charlotte said, “and it’s just to unite everyone at Lab.”