U-High alumnus to give Princeton salutatorian speech in Latin
Makeup and misinformation: Social media has lasting effects on preteen skincare

Model UN wins outstanding large delegation at training conference

Olin Nafziger
On Oct. 4, the Model United Nations team won the outstanding large delegation award at a training conference at St. Ignatius College Prep.

The Model United Nations team won the outstanding large delegation award at a training conference at St. Ignatius College Prep on Oct. 4.

Junior Helen Kraemer, sophomores Daniel Chang, Maggie Yagan, Isabella Huang and ninth grader Gabi Novak won awards for best delegate, and 15 other students won outstanding or honorable delegate awards.

Secretary-general Sohail Sajdeh said he is very proud of the team’s recent achievements.

“We’ve won two out of two delegation awards, but on top of that, I think that everyone’s learned a lot and gained a lot of experience going into future conferences and bigger conferences,” Sohail, a senior, said. 

Sohail appreciated the sophomores’ mentorship for the new club members and thinks that effort was reflecting in the results of the conference.

“I think it really speaks to the growth of the team and the leadership of the sophomores as returning members of the club, and how they were able to help the freshmen get accustomed in their first conference,” he said.

Sohail wants the team to continue their progress.

“A couple of goals would be one that we continue the environment and positivity that we’ve been kind of fostering around the team,” Sohail said. “The second goal would be that each individual person is continuing to develop and continuing to enjoy the activity.”