U-High alumnus to give Princeton salutatorian speech in Latin
Makeup and misinformation: Social media has lasting effects on preteen skincare

New middle school assistant principal selected

Abbey Cullen has been selected as assistant principal after former Assistant Principal Jessica Hanzlik left at the end of the 2022-23 school year.

Abbey Cullen has been selected as assistant principal after former Assistant Principal Jessica Hanzlik left at the end of the 2022-23 school year. Ms. Cullen began her role on Nov. 6.

Ms. Cullen was formerly a student success coordinator at a middle school in Glenview, where she promoted practices such as restorative justice and community service, according to an email announcement sent to the community. She also spent six years at the Chicago High School for the Arts, where she served as assistant principal and organized student clubs and activities.

In an interview, Ms Cullen said she was drawn to Lab by the values that Lab instills in the community, and she appreciates how Lab encourages students to learn by doing. She enjoys watching students grow and become their unique selves during the difficult time of middle school. 

Ms. Cullen said, “I want to bring my passion for helping teachers become the best teachers they can be and encouraging them to be creative in how they are teaching the students and working with the students.”