Midway will be taking a break over the summer
After reminiscing with fond memories, Class of 2024 graduates in Rockefeller Chapel

Consent Week to raise awareness of consent through activities, workshops

Elspeth LaCroix-Birdthistle
A poster in the hallway spreads awareness about Consent Week. From Feb. 12-16, Intersectional Feminism Club will host Consent Week, a school-sponsored event consisting of various workshops and activities to raise awareness on consent.

From Feb. 12-16, Intersectional Feminism Club will host Consent Week, a school-sponsored event consisting of various workshops and activities to raise awareness on consent. Each day will consist of new activities, speakers and workshops.

On Feb. 12, there will be a guest speaker from the University of Chicago discussing their work in researching abortion policy. On Feb. 13, Intersectional Feminism Club will give a presentation titled “What is Sexual Assault Anyways?” On Feb. 14, Latinos Unidos will work alongside Intersectional Feminism to host a workshop on femicide in Latin America, which involves the killing of women or girls based on their gender. 

Consent Fest will conclude on Feb.15, when Intersectional Feminism and other affinity and ethnicity clubs will gather in Judd C116 to host interactive activities pertaining to consent. Consent Fest will begin during Lab C and extend into advisory, where advisories will have the option to attend.   

“Our vision was just an array of activities where students could both enjoy themselves, while simultaneously becoming more informed,” Intersectional Feminism Club co-president Stella Sturgill said. “This is something we’ve worked really hard on, and we think the U-High community will respond well to it.”