Vox Pop: Biden proposal for student loans
Tao to prioritize transparency, communication as all-school president

Experimental theater show celebrates student performers, attracts new participants

Daniel Baeza
The 2024 Student Experimental Theatre (S.E.T.) will run Feb. 22-24 at 7:30 p.m. in the Sherry Lansing Theater.

The Student Experimental Theater, featuring student directors and actors running productions of their choice, will run Feb. 22-24 at 7:30 p.m. in the Sherry Lansing Theater. Tickets cost $10.

The directors for S.E.T. this year are seniors Emma Chielsa, Eliza Dearing, Alex Fogle, Ana Grieve, Aaron Moss, Kian Quinn-Calabrese and Sienna Yamini; juniors Theo Hinerfeld and Taylor Landry; and sophomore Evelyn Halbach. None of the eight shows being performed were written by U-High students.

Sienna, S.E.T. board head, said the board is enthusiastic about the submissions it has received, especially due to their variety and diversity.

“S.E.T. has always been a way to showcase students and their abilities and to put students in the literal spotlight,” Sienna said, “and so this year we focused on having a wide range of submissions.”

Sienna also said that the S.E.T. board wanted to give opportunities to people from outside the theater program because it offers them an easier, low-commitment way to be involved.

“We are excited about how many newer people are joining in S.E.T. this year because it adds to the talent already in theater,” Sienna said. “People who participate in S.E.T. typically go on to help out with the musical and help out with other theater shows. It is really nice to see these new faces.”