From underdogs to winners: debate duo’s synergy leads to success
Tao, Carter to lead 2024-25 Student Council

Three students place in national photojournalism competition

Elspeth LaCroix-Birdthistle
At the Association of Texas Photography Instructors competition, three photojournalism students placed with two receiving honorable mentions and one placing third.

Three U-High students placed in the national Association of Texas Photography Instructors competition. 

Ryan Burke-Stevenson was awarded the first honorable mention for the photo category of advertising, with Daniel Baeza and Olin Nafziger both receiving an honorable mention. Olin also received third place for the photo category of still life.

Daniel was awarded honorable mention for the photo category of sports action, and Olin was awarded the honorable mention for the photo category of sports reaction.

Olin was awarded third place for the still life photo category, for a photo of “an egg looking up at a screen of an egg getting cracked,” Olin said.

Olin was happy with the experience of the contest.

“I’ve never won an award for my photography before, and it was really cool to win that award and feel good about my photography,” he said.