Boys basketball ends season at regional semifinals

Eli Raikhel
The varsity boys basketball team ended its season in a 41-67 loss against Wendell Phillips High School.

On Feb. 21, the varsity boys basketball team ended its season at the regional semifinals against Wendell Phillips High School in a 41-67 loss at King High School. 

The team started the season slowly but quickly gained speed, accumulating multiple wins which pushed them to the semifinals. 

Captain Michael Sawaqed, senior, said that a slow start to the season isn’t unusual for the team, but the players didn’t achieve the level of consistency they were hoping for.

“There were really good glimpses during games and certain parts of the season, but it was just not as consistent as it needed to be in order for it to be a great season,” Michael said. 

Junior Arhan Ganapathi agreed with Michael, saying that the team needs to work to achieve that level of consistency next season. He added that he has high hopes for the team, as many of the players now have much more experience. 

“We definitely have high hopes, we came off a rough season, but we all have a lot more experience, and we think that we can be a lot more successful next year,” Arhan said. “We’re all really looking forward to continuing playing together.”