Rhythmic Journey: U-High Band was founded through jazz, evolved into friendship
Spring musical ‘Bye Bye Birdie’ showcases story of rock idol

Connections fundraising gala raises $1.2 million

Midway Staff
Over 750 parents attended the Laboratory Schools Connections, a fundraising gala, which raised $1,285,723 for student financial-aid.

Over 750 parents, alumni, faculty and staff attended Connections, the biannual Laboratory Schools fundraising gala, which raised $1,285,723 toward student financial aid. The gala took place at Chicago’s Old Post Office on Feb. 24.

The event featured performances from the middle school jazz band as well as the Chamber Collective. Additionally, eighth grader Collin Williams performed as a DJ for the gala. 

Rob Buckla, associate director for alumni relations and development, found that the event went very well in both attendance and money raised.

“It was a big success from community-building and fundraising perspectives,” Dr. Buckla said.  “Connections was sold out more than 30 days in advance of the event. We had wonderful co-chairs for Connections who worked very hard to promote the event to their fellow parents.”