Midway will be taking a break over the summer
After reminiscing with fond memories, Class of 2024 graduates in Rockefeller Chapel

All-State Journalism Team selects two U-High journalists

Photojournalist Olin Nafziger and Digital Editor Taariq Ahmed have been selected to be members of the All-State Journalism Team sponsored by the Illinois Journalism Education Association.

Members of the All-State Journalism Team are nominated by their school, and students whose “main contributions often occur behind the scenes” are selected, according to the IJEA.

Taariq, a junior, has been a Midway staff member since his sophomore year. Taariq feels his selection recognized his work as digital editor.

“It’s great to see that I can follow in that line, that long line of Midway editors that have been selected for this award,” Taariq said. 

Olin felt his win represented the work he had put into his first year as a photojournalist.

Olin said, “I didn’t know that I enjoyed photojournalism until this year. So, it kind of just represents how excited I am to be a part of the journalism team and how much work I’ve put into it, even though it is my first year.”