Midway will be taking a break over the summer
After reminiscing with fond memories, Class of 2024 graduates in Rockefeller Chapel

New editors chosen for 2024-25 U-Highlights and photojournalism teams

Midway Staff
New leaders have been chosen for both photojournalism and U-Highlights teams for the 2024-2025 school year.

New leaders have been chosen for both photojournalism and U-Highlights teams for the 2024-25 school year. 

For photojournalism, Eli Raikhel and Olin Nafziger will be editors-in-chief. New assistant editors include Danny Baeza, Ellis Calleri, Elspeth LaCroix-Birdthistle, Nathan Li, Bryce Light and Peyton Palmer. Equipment managers will be Henry Benton, Lucy Byrnes, Ryan Burke-Stevenson and Alex Diamond.

For the 2025 U-Highlights yearbook, Daniel Chang and Amelia Tan will be editors-in-chief. Ruby Koyner will be managing design editor and Clara Blucher will be managing copy editor.  

Eli said he is eager to draw on past editors’ ability to bring the team together and be supportive. Eli hopes to lead next year by being on top of assignments and work.

“I hope to be a good leader and make sure we keep everything organized,” Eli said.

Amelia is excited about what the future holds in her new position.

“I’m definitely excited for what we are going to be able to do next year and to be able to lead this great group of people,” Amelia said.

Specifically, Amelia said she is looking forward to choosing the theme for the yearbook next year.

“Having a really strong and present theme that helps make the entire yearbook more cohesive,” Amelia said, “and getting into more of the nuanced details that make the yearbook consistent elevates the yearbook to another level.”