U-High alumnus to give Princeton salutatorian speech in Latin
Makeup and misinformation: Social media has lasting effects on preteen skincare

Nyel Khan: Candidate for All-School treasurer

What sort of ideas, projects or initiatives do you have for next year? What is your main goal?

“My main motive is to make this a school where people seem proud of going to Lab. Being a member of Finance Club and just being really interested in financial stuff, the fiscal responsibilities of Student Council just seemed like my kind of initiative because I do want to get involved with what’s going on with this school. And then seeing that as a position for something like financial stuff, it just seemed like that’s my forte.”

What experiences and skills make you qualified for this position?

“I am the treasurer of the Careers Club at Lab, and I was the founder and president of my own club, the Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Club, of which I was also the vice president, secretary and treasurer in a way. All that leadership experience gives me the qualifications to be on Student Council. I feel like it’s also interesting to have someone who hasn’t been on it. I have leadership but I also have a newer perspective on the way Student Council has been run in the past.”

How do you plan on being the middleman at the intersection of high school students, faculty and administration?

“Student Council is the middle ground between faculty and students, and it is important that students’ voices get heard so we want to utilize all of our responsibilities and capabilities. And that takes working and communicating often with administrators to make sure we realize what kind of things we are able to do for the students. It’s just focusing on what both sides want and being able to find a middle ground.”