Midway will be taking a break over the summer
After reminiscing with fond memories, Class of 2024 graduates in Rockefeller Chapel

Vox Pop: Summer food

Midway Staff
    Students were asked about their favorite festival food and why that particular item is their favorite.

What is your favorite festival food, and why?

“Me and my mom go together, and she really likes funnel cake, so that’s what we usually get every time we go to Taste of Chicago.”

— Olivia Adams, junior

“I’m a really big fan of pickles. I like pickles in general, so festival pickles always hit different.”

— Sadie Ellis, ninth grader

“I lived in Texas for a little, and I did go to the rodeo, and the fried Oreos were so good. Yeah, that’s the food I’d eat for sure.” 

— Mo Iyl-Ojo, sophomore

“Probably I’d want Hispanic food, because I’m Hispanic, and just seeing that culture would be cool.” 

— Amara Mattison, ninth grader

“I think it kind of depends on the situation of the place, but I think one thing would be drinks, so, sodas and smoothies and things of that nature. Also, I think hot dogs and hamburgers and fries and food like that. I think that’s what I could look for at a festival or something like that.” 

— Bryce Poston, ninth grader

“My favorite festival food has gotta be fries. They’re just simple, delicious, salty, and all I need on a hot festival day.”

— Ruairi Gilbert, senior

“Something that’s easy to eat without utensils would be nice, because I feel like you can’t get utensils at festivals as easily.” 

— Mulan Wu, sophomore

“I’d probably eat something like a hot dog, probably Chicago style if they had them. They’re really really good.”

— Ruben Hayrapetyan, sophomore

“I love the big pretzel; it’s so twisty and salty, and you can dip it into so many things, and share it with others.”

— Max Mathias, senior

“I really like elotes. I don’t really know why, but it’s something that I only really get at festivals, and it’s not something I would have on any other occasion so it’s something special.” 

–– Jimmy Yu, ninth grader